Author Topic: Errors encounterd during Installation  (Read 8537 times)

Rohit Panda

• View Profile
Hello folks,

After running the installation file (Install_MCTDHX.sh) and selecting option 1 (FFTW+OpenBlas+GCC+mpif90) which is applicable for my machine, I get the following errors:

error: inlining failed in call to ‘always_inline’ ‘_mm256_extractf128_ps’: target specific option mismatch
error: inlining failed in call to ‘always_inline’ ‘_mm256_castps256_ps128’: target specific option mismatch
error: inlining failed in call to ‘always_inline’ ‘_mm256_hadd_ps’: target specific option mismatch
error: inlining failed in call to ‘always_inline’ ‘_mm256_hadd_ps’: target specific option mismatch

I have also attached a screenshot of the errors.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Rohit Panda
« Last Edit: March 06, 2023, 06:37:05 AM by Rohit Panda »

mctdhb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi there,

do you know at which step in the build process this error appears?

It looks like FFTW to me, but I am not sure.
Can you verify if this please (check if the FFTW and/or openblas were generated)?

For FFTW: if you have this from your Linux distro you have to make sure that you do not link against it, because the binary libraries in the distribution lack headers required for linking to Fortran.

For Openblas: might be required to specify a CPU target or upgrade the build to the latest version.

Hope that helps

Rohit Panda

• View Profile
Hello,

I have tried reinstalling the FFTW and BLAS. But I get the same errors as mentioned.
The BLAS and FFTW folders have been generated (extracted) in the "External Software" folder.
I think the error is encountered during the step " Performing build step for 'project_openblas' ".
Can you guide me on how to not link against FFTW ( if the problem is associated with FFTW) or specify CPU target for openBLAS ( if the problem is associated with BLAS).

I have also attached 2 screenshots of the lines in terminal right before the error is encountered.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
Rohit Panda

rui_lin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi Rohit!

We have very recently implemented this functionality in the branch "FftwBlasLib" in the "MCTDH-X" gitlab repository. You can realize the mentioned functionality in the file /External_Software/External_Software.cmake. There should be detailed instruction in the file.

Please tell me if anything is unclear.

Rohit Panda

• View Profile
Hello,

I made use of the functionality implemented in the file /External_Software/External_Software.cmake available in the branch "FftwBlasLib" in the "MCTDH-X" gitlab repository.
The installation ran flawlessly and the MCTDH-X software is now working perfectly on my machine.

I extend my Thanks for your support.

Warmest Regards,
Rohit Panda