Author Topic: Memory errors when Phase, Gradient = .T.  (Read 4147 times)

mctdhb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The Recursive implementation of the multiconfigurational time-dependent Hartree for bosons

What is it?
A collection of programs and scripts to solve exactly the time-dependent many-boson Schr?dinger equation and visualize the obtained solutions. The numerical solution of the problem is obtained with an efficient, shared and distributed memory-parallelized Fortran program that can be used with bash scripts or through a graphical user interface. From the simulation's output, graphs and videos are generated by invoking bash scripts that use mencoder and gnuplot for the task.

How it is documented?
The usage of the program is documented in a user manual and the code is documented in doxygen-generated html pages containing call- and caller-graphs.

How is it managed?
The code is version managed by mercurial (hg).

What does it need?
The program package can be installed on any Linux/Unix-based system that has a bash-shell, GCC or Intel Fortran compilers, and LAPACK, FFTW, and/or Intel MKL.

yeongjingwak

• View Profile
Hi,
Recently, I'm using the program in 1D.

When I run the analysis program, I found that the program gives several memory errors.

I wanted to find it myself, but I can't do it because I don't understand the program structure yet.

Would you give me any suggestion about these issues?

Error Messages are followings

(1) Memory Corruption
Before phase: T T F
*** Error in 'MCTDHX_analysis_gcc' : malloc(): memory corrupton: 0x~~~~~
======

(2) Memory Free (At the same place with (1))
free(): Invalid next size (fast): 0x~~

mctdhb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi there,

Sorry for the late reply. Can you please provide the analysis.inp file which you have used and tell us what kind of computation you are trying to analyze?

The error looks like a problem with the FFTs. If I remember correctly, we only implemented the Phase analysis for two-dimensional problems. Did you try to run it on a one-dimensional computation?

Regards,
Axel

P.S.: If you need a faster answer, please send email to mctdhx@ultracold.org in the future.